Chewy almond cookies recipe
“It's not always about the crunch, try a soft cookie occasionally, they're great made into an ice cream sandwich”
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Total time: 25 mins
- Yield: makes approx 21 large, 35 small
Quick, easy to make chewy cookie recipe—it's not always about the crunch. These almond cookies have a great flavour and texture.
Preheat oven: 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Line baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
- Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix together until completely combined.
- Put teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheets, for larger cookies make the teaspoonfuls quite generous. Leave plenty of space between cookies as they will spread during cooking.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and leave on baking sheets for a few minutes to slightly set, then remove to cool completely on a baking cooling rack.
These cookies are best eaten on the day of making, but will keep in an airtight tin if you have some left over for tomorrow. You can also sandwich two cookies together with ice cream to make a yummy ice cream sandwich.
Many thanks to Sarah Boast for taking the time to send us this recipe.