Carrot cake #1 recipe
“Want to improve your night vision? Allegedly, eating carrots will help, so eat more carrot cake”
- Preparation time: 25 mins
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Total time: 1 hr 25 mins
- Yield: serves 8 - 10
This is a very fresh tasting carrot cake recipe without the rich heaviness that some carrot cakes have. It also doesn't contain processed sugars; using the natural sweetness of fruit sugars instead.
Preheat oven: 190°C, 375°F, Gas 5
- Line a 16-18cm (6-7") spring form cake tin with baking parchment.
- Cream the low fat spread, butter or margarine in a large mixing bowl, gradually beat in the eggs, the mixture may curdle at this stage, but this will not spoil the cake.
- Mix in the dates, carrot and pear, mix well.
- Sift the gluten free flour, baking powder, spices and salt, then gently fold into the fruit mixture, making sure it is thoroughly mixed without losing the beaten in air.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 55-60 minutes. To check if cooked insert a clean toothpick into the middle of the cake, it should come out clean.
- Remove cake from tin and allow to cool on a wire rack.