Stuffed peppers recipe
“Get your carbs, protein, dairy and veg all at once”
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 50 mins
- Total time: 1 hr 5 mins
- Yield: serves 3-6
Ingredients (Measures: Metric | US)
1  green pepper, halved and cored
1  red pepper, halved and cored
1  yellow pepper, halved and cored
6 slices [6 slices] Parma ham or proscuitto
180g [1 cup] cooked rice (any type)
6 medium [6 medium] mushrooms, chopped & lightly sautéd
1  egg, beaten
3 tbsp [3 tbsp] greek yogurt or fromage frais
75g [1 cup] cheese, grated
freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven: 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6
- Arrange the split peppers in a greased ovenproof dish.
- Put 2 tbsps of rice in the base of each pepper.
- Mix the egg and the yogurt together and put 1 tbsp on top of the rice in each pepper.
- Scrunch each slice of meat into the peppers on top of the rice, then top with the mushrooms.
- Spoon the remaining egg mixture on top of the mushrooms, and cover the top with the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes.