Orange polenta torte recipe
“Tasty orange flavoured cake with texture similar to Madeira Cake”
- Yield: serves 8-10
You may be surprised to find that polenta makes an absolutely delicious cake with a texture a bit like Madeira Cake. With the orange flavour it's mouthwatering while cooking, and very very tasty while eating.
Preheat oven: 190°C, 375°F, Gas 5
- Line a 23cm (9") cake tin with baking parchment, we used a springform tin as the cake can be delicate when warm.
- In a large bowl beat the butter until it is pale and creamy, add the sugar and then beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir the ground almonds and vanilla into the mixture, beating to mix well.
- Gradually add the eggs in small amounts, beating thoroughly between each addition.
- Fold in the polenta, orange zest, orange juice, baking powder and salt.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 30-35 minutes.