Smoked salmon breakfast recipe
“Perfect for special occasions like Valentine's Day, Christmas morning or anytime you feel like indulging”
- Yield: serves 2
There is something very decadent about having smoked salmon for breakfast, and if you serve it with creamy scrambled eggs and warm gluten free bagels or toast it makes the perfect indulgence, ideal for special occasions like Valentine's Day, or Christmas morning for a special family breakfast.
It's essential not to overcook the scrambled eggs, they should always be removed from cooking any further as soon as they reach the 75% solids stage. Don't worry, they will continue to cook from the residual heat so you shouldn`t end up with a sloppy, eggy mess.
- Beat the eggs, milk, butter and herbs in a bowl, season well.
- Decide whether you are going to make the scrambled eggs in a saucepan on the stove top, or in the microwave.
- Stove top method: Heat the egg mixture while stirring continuously. The mixture will begin to thicken on the bottom first, keep stirring to avoid sticking/burning. As soon as the egg mixture is 75% solids remove from heat, stir again to ensure it is well scrambled, then serve immediately.
- Microwave method: Put bowl in microwave and heat on full power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring to break up mixture between each power burst. As soon as the egg mixture is 75% solids remove from microwave, stir again to ensure it is well scrambled, then serve immediately.
- Place the smoked salmon strips on warm plates and nestle the scrambled eggs up to it, adding a dash of freshly ground pepper on the top.
- Add a warm bagel or gluten free toast on the side and serve immediately.