Chocolate puffs recipe
“Great kids project for a rainy day treat”
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Total time: 10 mins
- Yield: makes 8
Chocolate and puffed rice, the perfect combination for a special kids treat. This is such an easy recipe that the kids will love making it, although the younger ones will need supervision for melting the ingredients.
- Place muffin cases into muffin tray.
- Put butter, honey, and cocoa powder into a large saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring continuously. When all the ingredients have thoroughly melted and mixed together remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate pieces and mix until they have melted. It doesn't matter if some of the pieces of chocolate don't completely melt.
- Add the puffed rice and dried cranberries then mix everything together until the cereal is completely coated in the chocolate sauce.
- Spoon the chocolate coated cereal mixture into the muffin cases. If there is any chocolate sauce left in the saucepan spoon it over the tops of the chocolate puffs.
- Allow the chocolate puffs to cool and set before storing in an airtight tin.
For extra special occasions sprinkle with multi-coloured sugar strands before they have set.
Typical nutrition per chocolate puff (1/8): 178 calories, 8g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 25g carbohydrate, 3g fibre, 15g sugars, 3g protein, 1mg sodium, 107mg cholesterol.