Crunchy top haddock recipe
“With a lemony yogurt coating and crunchy crushed tortilla top”
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Total time: 45 mins
- Yield: serves 2
Haddock is my favourite fish with it's delicate flavour and big soft flakes, a bit like flower petals. I really miss haddock living in the prairies, though sometimes there's some frozen haddock available in the city 125kms from where I live. So I don't get to eat it very often, even with a freezer stock up if it's available. The scarcity therefore makes this a really enjoyable dish when I can make it.
Top it with a crunchy topping and you'll love the different textures as you eat. The lemon yogurt really enhances the flavours.
2  haddock fillets
1⁄4 tsp [1⁄4 tsp] olive oil
100g [100g] greek yogurt (unsweetened & unflavoured)
1⁄2 [1⁄2] lemon, squeezed for juice
1⁄2 [1⁄2] lemon, finely grated peel
75g [75g] gluten free tortilla chips (check for nut-free)
50g [50g] cheese, grated
1 tsp [1 tsp] dried mixed herbs
Preheat oven: 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Lightly oil the base of an oven proof dish. Place the haddock fillets in the dish.
- Squeeze the lemon juice generously over the haddock . Then mix the grated lemon peel with the greek yogurt, and spread completely over the fish.
- In a plastic bag put the tortilla chips and crush them up until they look rather like large breadcrumbs. Add the cheese and herbs and shake the bag well to mix.
- Thickly spread the tortilla chip mix over the top of the greek yogurt, ensuring the fish have a complete coating.
- Oven bake for 30 minutes.