Clam sauce recipe
“Very quick and easy recipe using an often forgotten shellfish”
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Yield: serves 2
Clams don't seem to get much use in recipes but they're actually a tasty protein. I use canned clams because it's way easier and quicker than all the prep work required with fresh clams. And to be honest, there's something a little creepy about clams in their shells... to me anyway.
- Put oil in saucepan and gently brown onion and garlic.
- Add tomato puree, tomatoes, peppers and tabasco, bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the clams and seasoning and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of gluten free pasta.