Baked bananas recipe
“Quick and easy dessert for banana lovers”
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Yield: serves 2
You can't get a much easier dessert than this to prepare, unless you just go straight to the ice cream tub and slice raw bananas straight into it.
2 large [2 large] very firm bananas
1 tbsp [1 tbsp] soft brown sugar
2 tbsp [2 tbsp] pecan nuts, chopped
Please note this recipe contains nuts
Preheat oven: 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Place the bananas in their skins on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the peel goes black.
- Carefully remove bananas from their skins (hot banana seems to weld itself to skin and can cause a nasty burn). Place in one or two dishes, either whole or sliced into pieces.
- Sprinkle the soft brown sugar and pecan nuts on top. Leave for a few minutes for the sugar to melt slightly.
- The dessert could also be topped with ice-cream or whipped cream.