Blueberry muffins recipe
“Low in sugar, high in luscious blueberries, these muffins are a sweet treat you don't need to feel guilty about”
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Total time: 45 mins
- Yield: makes 6 large
Nearly everyone loves muffins, and these blueberry muffins are just bursting with juicy blueberries. Quick to make, you can have warm blueberry muffins straight from the oven for brunch, or afternoon treat, in just 45 minutes including cooking time.
Preheat oven: 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6
- Mix together the rice, tapioca and potato flours, baking powder, xanthan gum, vegetarian gelatine, sugar, salt and lemon peel.
- Mix the apple puree with the egg, oil, milk and vanilla. Mix this into the dry ingredients so that you get a lumpy batter.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture, then divide equally into the 6 muffin cases in a muffin tray. Bake for 25 minutes, check they are cooked by sticking a toothpick in the centre, if it comes out clean they are done.
- Leave to cool on a baking tray.