Vegetable sauce with feta & olives recipe
“Tomatoes, feta cheese and olives combine for a tasty vegetarian dish”
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Yield: serves 2-3
Pasta and homemade vegetable sauce is a quick, easy meal to throw together. If you don't have feta cheese then use any crumbled or grated hard cheese instead.
1 large [1 large] onion, chopped
1 tbsp [1 tbsp] olive oil
1 tbsp [1 tbsp] tomato concentrate
1 tsp [1 tsp] dried mixed herbs
2-3 dashes [2-3 dashes] tabasco sauce (or more to suit taste)
400g [400g] can chopped tomatoes
1  red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1  green pepper, deseeded and chopped
20  black olives, pitted and halved
freshly ground black pepper
75g [75g] feta cheese, crumbled
wheat free/gluten free pasta
- Soften the onion in the olive oil without browning. Add the tomato concentrate, herbs and tabasco and gently heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, peppers, olives and black pepper and bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 10 mins.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain.
- Serve the vegetable sauce over the wheat/gluten free pasta, conchiglie are good as they trap little pockets of sauce. Generously sprinkle the crumbled feta over the top.