Where can I get wheat/gluten free beer in the US?
Although some brewing companies use filtering processes that render gluten undetectable in "low gluten" beer, unless a beer is totally gluten free there is no assurance that it is safe for coeliacs (celiacs) to drink. Finding a gluten free beer that tastes like genuine beer and is safe to drink is a real pleasure for people with wheat allergies or coeliac disease.
Wheat/gluten free beers made in the US:
- Anheuser-Busch - Redbridge, lager brewed from sorghum.
- Bard's Tale Beer - Dragon's Gold, made from malted sorghum, yeast, hops and water. Bard's Beer was America's first craft-brewed gluten-free beer.
- Ramapo Valley Brewery - Honey Beer, made from honey, molasses & hops. This beer is also Kosher certified for Passover.
- Lakefront Brewery - New Grist - made from sorghum, hops, water, rice and yeast.
- Sprecher Brewery produce 2 gluten free beers: Mbege - brewed with sorghum, millet and real bananas; Shakparo - West African Shakparo-style beer brewed with sorghum and millet.
Visit our wheat & gluten free beer page for more information on other gluten free beers available...