Lemon ginger cheesecake recipe
“Wheat & gluten free Lemon Ginger Cheesecake recipe”
- Yield: serves 8-10
I love cheesecake, and this cheesecake combines the richness of a traditional cheesecake with tangy lemon and spicy ginger to make a very refreshing tasting dessert.
I topped it with homemade blueberry syrup, but you could also ring the changes with redcurrants or raspberries, or finely mince some preserved ginger with a couple of tablespoons of the preserving syrup and drizzle over the top of the cheesecake.
- Grease a 23cm (9") spring release baking tin with butter or line with baking parchment.
- Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Put into a bowl and pour the melted butter over, add the ground ginger, mix well together. Press firmly into the base of the prepared tin.
- Put the lemon rind and juice in a bowl and sprinkle the vegetarian gelatine over.
- Beat the cream cheese, mascarpone, yogurt and sugar together.
- Stand the bowl containing the lemon and gelatine over a simmering pan of water until it looks all dissolved, remove bowl from over pan. Gradually pour the cheese mixture over the lemon gelatine and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the chopped stem ginger and then pour onto the prepared biscuit base. Chill for a least 3 hours.
- Put the blueberries, sugar and water in a small saucepan and heat gently. When the sugar has melted and the water is hot the blueberries will start to turn into more of a jam type texture in a syrup. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Just before serving remove the spring form tin and drizzle the blueberry syrup over the top or simply serve it in a jug and let people pour it over their portions themselves.
This is a very rich tasting cheesecake, but because we used lite cream cheese we don't feel too bad about indulging.