Cheesey broccoli bacon pasta recipe
“A quick and easy pasta meal... and nearly everyone loves bacon (except for vegetarians & vegans of course)”
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Yield: Serves 2
Pasta is always a good standby for a quick meal. And this cheesey bacon sauce is simple and quick to make, so with the broccoli covered in cheese sauce even the kids should love it. And of course you can leave the bacon out for a vegetarian version.
- Put the bacon pieces and olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and gently fry for 2 - 3 mins. Then add the mushrooms and broccoli and fry for 3-4 mins. Remove from the heat.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan mix the cornstarch with 2 tbsp of milk. Add the rest of the milk and heat gently, stirring continuously until the sauce is thickened.
- Add the mustard and cheese and stir well until the cheese is melted.
- Add the cooked bacon, mushrooms and broccoli to the cheese sauce and make sure they are heated thoroughly, season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately over a bed of freshly cooked wheat/gluten free pasta.