Aduki bean stir fry recipe
“Quick and nutritious way to get your veggies and legumes in one easy meal”
- Yield: serves 2-4
If you buy dried Aduki beans then you will need to follow the preparation and pre-cooking instructions very carefully to ensure the toxin that legumes naturally contain is removed. This means you need to start the process of preparing the Aduki beans the previous day.
When using any type of dried pulses in cooking they must be cooked first according to the instructions on the manufacturers packet. It is also essential to ensure that the 10 minutes boiling period is included to expel the toxin present in dried pulses. For further details, including cooking, check our Aduki bean food fact file.
- Remove outer leaves of cabbage then quarter it and remove the core. Cut the cabbage quarters into 5mm (approx. 1/4") shreds. Rinse and drain well.
- Heat the oil in a large wok and lightly fry the garlic and ginger.
- Add the shredded cabbage to the wok and stir fry for about 5 minutes making sure that the cabbage does not burn.
- Add the aduki beans to the cabbage and stir fry until they are thoroughly heated.
- Add the sesame oil and soy sauce and toss everything together then serve immediately.